Saturday, May 19, 2018

On the Lookout for the Best Sunscreens (for Oily Skin)



Summer is here! (On my part of the globe anyway) And I'm currently on the hunt for the perfect sunscreen. Both for daily use and to the beach!

Here's a great list of the best sunscreen for oily skin I found. Most of it looks promising, but I'm looking for particular ones that passes the recent ban on certain chemicals. This is to protect the coral reefs surrounding the islands of Hawaii. I think it's an amazing movement, forcing these multibillion companies to be more accountable for their products and how its affecting the earth.



This is pretty recent so I don't think there's any new products coming out yet. I'm now geared towards Asian brands, particularly Japanese and Korean brands. These guys have such youthful clear skin, they must take their sunscreen seriously!

For oily skin, it should be lightweight and easily absorbed by the skin. Sunscreens are typically heavy and pore-clogging, that's why I've never been fond of them or moisturizers growing up.

Speaking of pores, it should also be non-comedogenic. When you already have oily skin, you don't need that excess clog on your skin.

Lastly, it should have the minimum SPF 30 as well as UVB and UVA protection.

So far, my shortlist is:
  • Obagi Medical Sun Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Matte Sunscreen Lotion
  • Jan Marini Skin Research Antioxidant Daily Face Protectant SPF 33
  • Replenix Sheer Physical Sunscreen SPF 50+
  • Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF50+/PA++++

Happy summer y'all! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

On the Lookout for the Best Sunscreens (for Oily Skin)

Summer is here! (On my part of the globe anyway) And I'm currently on the hunt for the perfect sunscreen. Both for daily use and to ...